Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Austin Fashion Week With Sweet Potato Island


Action Jackson reporting here from the middle of Austin Fashion Week. It doesn't get much more exciting than this, folks! I was lucky enough to make it out for Cindy's (of Sweet Potato Island) Primping, Purses, and Pictures Party at the Thomas Saverio Salon and Spa. The moment I entered the door, I was hit with the warm cocktail hour ambiance of the salon and thought to myself, "If this is a preview for how this week's going to be, I'll be in heaven for the next few days". At the entrance, I was greeted by the super-talented Cindy who was beaming of excitement and busy playing hostess. And upon hearing that News 8 Austin had been by to cover the hot lil soiree, I can imagine why.

I started off my night by snagging one of the house cocktails, courtesy of Dripping Springs Vodka and Paula's Texas Orange. Absolutely delish. I then worked my way into the next room where the only thing that looked more delectable than the yummy h'or dourves were the Sweet Potato Island bags. I'm always impressed when I see the craftsmanship of these bags; you can tell at a glance that hours of hard work go into creating these beautiful yet sturdy clutches and handbags. And, of course, I have to mention that the display was absolutely chic and adorable and made you feel like you were in a Zen garden just looking at it.

After chatting with Cindy for a while, she'd asked if I had gotten my free manicure. At which my heart skipped a beat and I couldn't help but play back, "Free manicure?!" The rest of the night, the lovely ladies of the Thomas Saverio Salon as well as our fantastic Cindy helped to assure I had a great evening. Following my free mani, I had a free makeup session and hair consultation. And who doesn't that sound good to? There were a few raffles that were also going on in the midst of all this excitement. Sadly, I wasn't one of the lucky winners, but it didn't matter because I was having a blast anyway. If you haven't made your way out for one of the fabulous AFW events, especially those of our very own Etsy Austin members, I encourage you to do so and promise it will be time well spent. In the words of someone summing up the week, "think of it as a week-long free happy hour". Enjoy!

Action Jackson out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...