Friday, June 26, 2009

Diamonds and Sweets Party...


Okay, so I really am so excited about AFW that it should be illegal. I feel like a Ritalin-medicated kid that just ate twenty Pixie Stix (sans meds). Just finished meeting with the gals over at Urban Betty to plan our joint event for AFW. We mostly just came up with a pretty basic party scheme, so I'm kinda stewing on aesthetics and details ****SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!!**** There's no official event name yet, but Diamonds and Sweets Party (maybe it should be Sparkle and Sweets Party...does alliteration do anything for you guys?) is something we've been kickin around the office, and by the office, I mean my brain. The event will be at 8:30pm at the Urban Betty Salon on Saturday, July 18th.

We'll have a raffle that will combine a few of my pieces as well as some contributions from the salon. Logistics for drinks are still being figured out, but one way or another, we'll make sure we've got some. We'll also serve cupcakes, which is pretty perfect considering my setup is necklaces and earrings adorning cupcake stands and old school candy jars stuffed with lollipops. I think one of the gals that works there is going to have her DJ friend spin for us...I'd really like to have my two cents on that one, but I know how DJ's are. There may be some creative elbows bumping, but I don't want to set a bad mental precedent. The gals were sayin they'd probably play house music, which apparently is stuff like Air (when you look them up on iTunes, you'll recognize their top song is from 10 Things I Hate About You if you're like me), Phoenix, and I don't remember the other names. Convincing them to throw in some My Bloody Valentine, Smashing Pumpkins, Cure, Joy Division, and Hum shouldn't be too hard, right? Maybe some Mars Volta too? Anyway, for party aesthetics, I'm thinking lots of pink and probably a smidge of black. I'll be on the hunt for cute party cups and napkins...if I could find some crystal pink-colored classy plastic cups and matching napkins, that would be good. It would be awesome to have some pink plastic chandeliers, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I feel like there might not be too much done about party setup without digging too deep into the pockets. What do you guys think?

Possible Playlist (to suggest to DJ):
-To Here Knows When by My Bloody Valentine (anything off Loveless works, really)
-Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division (any song would work, i.m.o.)
-The End of the World/Boys Don't Cry by the Cure
-Ava Adore by Smashing Pumpkins
-Mars by Hum

Action Jackson out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...