Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day Late, Dollar Short

I had every intention of posting this yesterday, but the day proved to be very busy. I usually celebrate Valentine's by hosting a crafting/sweets indulging party for a handful of my closest friends and then dinner and a movie (usually at home) with my boyfriend. So, the holiday for me has never been about insanely overpriced meals and diamond rings but instead how to celebrate the people I care about (and good food too since I never miss a meal).

Naturally, I was inspired by these great snaps from one of my favorite blogs, thisisglamorous because their Valentine's Day posts usually applaud at-home efforts of simple decorating and dining (though, I must admit the only food I make is usually the out-of-the-box baked goods variety). So, here's to hoping everyone reading this had a great Valentine's Day.

The colors of this rose martini table set-up give it a very vintage 1920s feel.

Raspberry tart/ possibly creme brulee and coffee = best picnic idea ever.

Valentine's Day is all about the sweets and wine, and this snap is extra sweet.


The uses for paper doilies are endless as this ethereal light strand proves.

Action Jackson out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...