Monday, June 22, 2009

Hot Blog Part Deaux


This past weekend, I vended at the Capital Punishment Banked Track Roller Derby Tournament (hopefully I'll get to that in more detail on another post), which in all honesty is probably the reason I decided to start up my blog again. I take any advice from more seasoned designers and vendors very seriously and don't second guess their judgment. So, when a gal who was there (Bonnie Rue of www.modelcitizen.etsy.com) suggested I give this another go, I thought, "eh. What the hell". If nothing else it will fulfill my ever-present youngest child (as well as blue in a red state) desire for people to pay attention to me. And hey, I've always said I wanted to make a living telling people what to think, though maybe that would play out better in a politically incorrect concept.

The hope of this blog, of course, is to spark the public's interest in my jewelry. Even though I really don't keep up with blogs aside from casually browsing Penny Arcade, I'd be kidding myself to think that it was not especially important in some way to maintain a website outside of my Etsy site (which is www.actionjackson.etsy.com in case you're wondering). After all it is the, oh yes, 21st century, so the internet is arguably the most relevant and important medium out there.

So what's next? I will be looking into selling consignment at a few stores around Austin over the next few days and snazzing up my biz cards. I really liked the design concept I had before, but it was slightly tacky and a little rough around the edges. I'll probably still keep the same diamond in the background and two crossed pistols in front with a banner reading, "Diamonds and Guns". The next time you see it, the card will most likely be classier.

That's all folks.
-Action Jackson

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...