Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Picture Perfect


Happy post-Easter! Or as a woman in my office said yesterday, Happy Easter Egg Day! I don't know what she was talking about; I have a feeling I missed an inside joke. I hope you're all enjoying gorging on Easter candy as much as I am- Cadbury eggs, jellybeans, and new to me this year- chocolate covered Peeps! I still have yet to try them, but I'm definitely one of the people who love Peeps (because when it comes to Peeps, you either love them or despise them, no in betweenies).

This past weekend, I went to Houston to visit my family. My mom, brother, and I went to the Museum of Natural Science and checked out the butterfly and Faberge exhibits. My mom had never seen the butterfly biodome (I never know what to call it), and she loved it. It's definitely my favorite at the HMNS, and I was able to get some pretty good shots out of the visit!

You may be saying to yourself, "Camille, pictures of butterflies are great and all, but why?" To which I say, I have a confession to make. Anyone who knows me well enough or knows how I function in DGAJ Land knows that I hate hate hate taking pictures. It's without a doubt my least favorite part of making and selling jewelry (next to taxes). However, I'll be submitting pictures of my jewelry to a contest for which photos will serve as the only preliminary evidence of my work. The contest is a great opportunity to showcase what I do, so I'm making a concerted effort to really improve the quality of my pictures, even if it's begrudgingly so. With these pictures, I think I'm realizing what I already know/have already been told, and that is that natural light is the best light. I'll have to keep that in mind for the coming weeks when it's 5pm and I'm feeling too beat from work to snap a few pics. ;) Here's a sample of what I'm aiming for in the meantime...

Action Jackson out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...