Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tie One On!



Happy Weekend, everyone! Hope this post finds y'all relaxing and enjoying time off from work/school/job hunting. And if you're like me, maybe you even got a head start on the weekend. On Thursday night, I headed over to the Art Pad (i.e. the new home for The WonderCraft, where you can find some fabulous DGAJ pieces) for the WC's trial Grand Reopening Party, which will be goin on February 25th. By the time I arrived, the lovely WC ladies were already hard at work entertaining guests with tie revival. Beth A was outside teaching and assisting with tie screenprinting while Beth H and Jen were inside livening up some fuddy duddy ties (some of which I daresay I might find in my dad's tie collection) with embroidery and embellishments.

I opted for classic stripes and printed a trendy autumn tree on my tie (top left). Upon completing my master creation, I chatted it up with fellow Etsy Austin gals, Samantha (Nepenthe's Bathtime) and Cathie (Sweet Wolf). The rest of the night was spent perusing The Art Pad's huge mosaic tile stock as well as the beautiful beads of neighbor, Lapis Lane Beads. Needless to say, it took some self control not to indulge in a spending spree right then and there. However, I highly recommend that you check out both shops if you find yourself dabbling (or wanting to dabble) in mosaics or jewelry. The shop hosts classes and is an open studio workspace for customers, so it's the perfect concept if you're an artist starting out in either of these crafts. All in all, it was a fabulously fun night, and I was able to take home a funky fresh creation for my beau. If you have the chance, check out The WonderCraft's Grand Reopening at The Art Pad (4520 Burnet) on February 25th. I'll be sure to post more details closer to the date.

P.S. Check out my rockin feather fascinator that Beth H was nice enough to snap a pic of! More bedazzled beauties like this one will soon make their way into DGAJ land. Keep your eyes peeled.

~Action Jackson

1 comment:

Beth H said...

thanks for this great recap, Camille! and thanks for coming out to join us; it was such a fun night!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...