Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Emerging from the Shadows



I think the title of this post is appropriate albeit a tad overstated and dramatic. Though, going without writing for 2 and 1/2 months in the blogging world suggests you've been sick and bedridden for the entire duration (or in my case, and probably yours, just really really busy). Going into November, I had big aspirations to gab about the completion of my Bioshock Collection along with the scads of shows I was participating in during the holiday season. However, since that didn't happen, I'll give the concise short and sweet of what I've been up to.

In mid-November, I participated in E.A.S.T. (East Austin Studio Tour), an artist-run initiative to highlight studios and galleries in east Austin, with some of the gals from Etsy Austin. I even got to demo creating DGAJ jewelry for a few folks that stopped by (see above)! If you have the chance to check out E.A.S.T. next year, I would definitely recommend it (after you take a few deep breaths and brace yourself because there are hundreds of featured artists and galleries).

December brought a few ups and downs, with the downs being attributed to some canceled holiday shows I'd signed up for. Rest assured, those lemons were put to good use in lemon chills (or lemonade if you really prefer that over delicious lemon chills). With said lemon chill in hand, I am proud to announce that Diamonds and Guns is now available at The WonderCraft (which will be having a Grand Reopening Bash at 4520 Burnet on February 25th from 6-9pm) as well as Pangaea (located on The Drag, new location announcement coming soon). In December, I also participated in the Etsy Austin Craft Riot (see display setup above), which was great fun since I was able to hang out with a lot of my favorite people from EA. :) The EACR was a weekend-long event with wine (for 21+ only), wine food fare, and goodie bags for attendees.

December also marked the beginning of my work on the Bright Lights, Big City Collection. So, keep your eyes peeled for the slow leak of Bioshock and BLBC Collection pieces onto my Etsy site as well as new flickr pics (some available now for your viewing pleasure). No upcoming shows planned for DGAJ until spring/summer, but look for me in the shops listed on my home Etsy page! Also soon to come- feather fascinators adorned with Swarovski crystals. Oh my!

-Action Jackson

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...